I'm finally posting my leftover's recipes from Thanksgiving. I made 3-4 leftover dishes for my freezer so this is not my last one yet. I will post the rest this week so you can have ideas for Christmas as well. Since I made mine for the freezer, I did not have a photo of the baked end result. These pictures are pre-baked.
- 1 pkg. spaghetti noodles, cooked al dente
- 2 cups cooked & cubed turkey
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cans chicken broth (or two cups leftover turkey stock)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onions & garlic until soft. Add turkey meat and just heat thru. Add cream of mushroom soup, sour cream & water, mix to combine well.
- Toss in precooked spaghetti noodles and toss well with tongs. Add chicken broth and toss. Will be a little soupy.
- Pour entire pan into a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle top with bread crumbs and bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and heated thru.
Note: If making for the freezer, line your 9x13 pan with aluminum foil, both directions, leaving long tails for easy removal from the pan. Spray foil with pam and then pour dish into pan. After the bread crumbs step, allow to cool, wrap the foil over one way, then the other, semi-tightly. Place in freezer for several hours or overnight. Once frozen solid, remove from pan, wrap a second time in foil or place in a freezer bag, make sure to write the dish name and date on it, place back in your freezer. When ready to make this dish, remove from freezer, place back in original pan, let it thaw overnight in your refrigerator and then bake as previously directed.
Recipe: Turkey Tetrazzini